<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Fantasy is Empty 

I dream about you
How I make contact with you
How I speak with you
How we share a laugh
How we share a confidence
How we share a bond
Till our friendship deepens
Till we are together more
Till you start looking for me
Till you start missing me
Till you start thinking of me
Till you never want to be apart from my side
And you realize you love me
The way I would love you
And you want us to be together
Forever
And we finally marry

But then
What next
What comes after that
They lived happily ever after
Lacks too many details
Is too oversimplified

There is nothing more
Nothing more beyond that
For the fantasy is empty
Though it may be sweet
It is nothing but empty
And nothing can come of it
Even if it was realized
At least
Not as much
As it was built up to be
It lacks too many details
It is too oversimplified
It strays too much from the facts
But who’s to say
Fact is
The fantasy may never be realized
Which is why
The fantasy is empty
Save yourself the hurt


- A. L. E. -