<$BlogRSDUrl$>

When I Saw You Again 

When I saw you again
I thought of staying with you
I thought of reestablishing ties
I thought of the “good old times”
I thought of how much I missed you

But I remembered
How difficult it was to get rid of you
How difficult it was to get free from you
How difficult it was to get where I am today
How difficult it was to be free again
To be productive
To be good
To be free

I would have been miserable had I stayed with you
But not during the time that I left
But eventually
Because I knew you were not good for me
Because I knew your love was not true
You were just using me
Because it was beneficial for you
To have me
And though I enjoyed that time we were together
I knew that it was temporary
I knew it wouldn’t last
I knew who you really were
I knew your promises wouldn’t keep
I knew how you invented reasons
I knew how you changed your words
I knew you were unreliable

So with courage
I took the leap of faith
And I left you
And have avoided you ever since

When I saw you
I remembered many things
But I also remembered
That I do not want to waste the opportunities I have right now
The opportunity to be free
The opportunity to be truly loved




- A. L. E. -